Friday 22 July 2016

Draft Shooting Script Feedback


FEEDBACK ANALYSIS


SHOT 2: 'Have you got a location with your desired sign and a fence'. Yes, I know of a location near me which I walk past everyday at college which is an abandoned railway which was suppose to be re made but then they stopped again, hence why there is a newly made trespassing signs and new wooden fences. The area is located at Station Road, Endon.

SHOT 4: 'This needs to be split into the separate shots so that you can describe what is in each shot'. In my final shooting script, I will need to create more shots and think of different shots that I could use of the area, such as a time-lapse or a slow motion clip of the train yard. This would consist of maybe 2 or 3 more shots.

SHOT 8: 'How are you going to introduce the second actor without it looking like he appeared out of thin air'. That is a good question there. I do not know how I would do it. However, I feel that focusing on one actor instead of having two would be a lot easier to direct but a lot harder to think of shot ideas. I have however already got 2 people in mind who have agreed to film with me. One will be the actor, the main character within this music video and my other friend will be helping me with Camera positions as he is quite small and agile and If we work together, we can get really good camera shots.

SHOT 9: '2 Friends? 2 previous friends or 2 new friends'. I am no longer having two actors, I am instead just going to have one actor. Therefore I will need to make some small changes to some shots as I am now only going to be working with one actor.

SHOT 10: 'Again, it needs to be split up into the separate shots'. Yes I have to agree, this shot is 23 seconds long and definitely needs splitting up into individual shots. I need some more time to think what ideas I can come up with for the new shooting script for 23 seconds. Instead of a 2nd person been there with the main character, it will just be the main character exploring each location he stumbles upon.

SHOT 13: 'There has been a lot of exploring, how are you going to keep it exciting'. Well since the main character is trespassing, maybe I can make him look like he saw someone. He can become nervous and then starts to run furiously as the camera follows him on this intense chase, showing different angles and shots of the chase, such as shot from the ground slanted on the floor, showing the character run off into the distance.

SHOT 14: 'How are they having fun'. I started to loose ideas here and didn't know any shots or ideas that I could put in here in order to make the music video interesting and entertaining to watch. I will keep this in mind when creating my final shooting script and possibly create some better ideas than I previously did for my draft shooting script. Maybe an exit scene where the main character leaves the area? Hopefully I can think of something.

'ORDER'. Funny, I got a little bit unorganised when creating the shooting script at the time and added in one of the shots too early, therefore forcing me to but shot 19 at the end of shot 20, making it look unorganised. This will not happen again once I create my final shooting script.

No comments:

Post a Comment